Monday, August 29, 2011

Hold on Baby

My girls are 8 months old! I can not believe how quickly time is flying. It feels like it was just yesterday that we brought these two little babies home from the hospital. I am absolutely head over heels, in love with Kennedi and Brooklyn! They are my world and there is nothing, absolutely nothing that I wouldn't do for them. 

I love being a mommy and so thankful I can stay home with them. We have so much fun throughout the day! Whether it’s watching "My Baby Can Read", trying new foods, reading our books, playing in our saucer or just snuggling on the couch. People are always asking me if it is crazy taking care of two babies, but honestly, I don't know any different. My mind has always and is always thinking in twos. And even though I have learned to empty the dishwasher, fold laundry, read a book, drink coffee all while holding them both in my arms (lol) there are times when I have to put them down for second. 

The other day I needed to change both of their diapers before feeding them and laying them down for a nap. I changed Kennedi and laid her on the bed while I changed Brooklyn. Well, Kennedi was very hungry and thought that right after her diaper change she was going to eat. So when I laid her down she started crying. I tried my best to hurry and while I was changing Brooklyn I kept saying, "Hold on Baby, Mommy is going to feed you." Unfortunately, she didn't understand what I was saying to her and just became more frustrated. Those minutes I'm sure felt like a lifetime for her as she laid on the bed thinking she wasn't going to be fed. 

I'm a lot like my daughter Kennedi. I often find myself frustrated when I'm not where I used to be, but not where I want to be. I kick and scream in confusion while the Lord is saying, "Hold on Baby, Daddy has something great for you if you will just hold on." 

Maybe you are there today. Maybe you are confused and unsure about why God has you where He has you. I challenge you to just hold on. We must endure transitions and the "in- betweens" in order to get to where God ultimately has for us. He didn't bring you this far to leave you. He knows what He is doing. Just hold on.



TRUTH: We can make our plans,
      but the Lord determines our steps. Proverbs 16:9


DARE: Hold on.





2 comments:

  1. I like this one...a lot of where we have been. In that place of God saying hold on while we are waiting and getting antsy. You are amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I used to cry a lot when I was trying to have a baby and failing. Then I was crying when I was waiting for a referral with my adoption. I was always being told He has a plan. Just hold on and in His time, it will happen. Well, it's true, all the hurdles and the waiting led me to where exactly where I am supposed to be and I wouldn't have it any other way... I knew I wanted to be a mom... HE knew how I was going to get there :-)

    ReplyDelete

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.