Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Celebrate.

This past weekend was a great one! I spent it with some of my most favorite people, I had a lot of girl time, and we celebrated so many of our friend's birthdays. Most weekends seem to pass by so quickly, but this weekend went by at a perfect pace. 

I Love Celebrations. 

I love a good party. I love honoring and celebrating people. Not just because there is usually good food and cake involved, but it's because I think it is so important to take a few moments to let the people in our lives know just how loved they are. There is something amazing about seeing the look on that person's face when they realize that the crowded room or large dinner table is all for them. It is their moment.


Celebrate BIG. 


As I was indulging on my second piece of cake Sunday night I realized that there are areas in my life where I need to celebrate BIG. We have been praying ans believing for God to open up the doors for us to be able to attend a training/ conference. It is held in Birmingham, Alabama. So there are flights, hotels, conference registration fees, and other costs involved. There are dates to be worked out and it truly was/is a BIG ask. Well, this past week EVERYTHING came into place. Flights, hotels, registration fees, and we even have Grammie and Poppie meeting us there to take care of the girls! When the reality of us officially going to this conference hit us, we were beyond excited. This was/is a miracle. We celebrated. This BIG ask deserves a BIG celebration. So we have been celebrating non stop.

 Everyday, All The Time. 


I find myself spending most of my efforts highlighting the trials or situations that are not yet in our favor rather then celebrating what God has already done and what He is doing now. Kennedi and Brooklyn love to celebrate. Every time they finish eating their food or when they put their toys away and even after we change their diapers they clap their hands and sometimes even do a little dance. They celebrate all the time for any reason. So there is a party in our house all day long. I desire the same to be true for my life. To celebrate all things, big and small. Insignificant and significant. Meaningless and meaningful. Everyday, all the time. 

What about you? Do you find yourself spending more time focusing on what you are going through instead of taking a minute or two to celebrate what you have already been through? What can you celebrate today. Please share with me by commenting in the box below.



TRUTH: 
 I bless God every chance I get; my lungs expand with his praise.

 2 I live and breathe God;
   if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy:

 3 Join me in spreading the news;
   together let's get the word out.

 4 God met me more than halfway,
   he freed me from my anxious fears.

 5 Look at him; give him your warmest smile.
   Never hide your feelings from him.

 6 When I was desperate, I called out,
   and God got me out of a tight spot.

 7 God's angel sets up a circle
   of protection around us while we pray.

 8 Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—
         how good God is.
   Blessed are you who run to him.
                                                                                                           Psalm 34:1-8 MSG


DARE: Celebrate BIG!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the conference details all coming together! That is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's neat that Psalm 34:1 is the verse God showed me just this morning during my quiet time. I even posted it as my facebook status. I'm trying hard. I have quoted it a dozen or more times today but I'll be honest... I am beaten down right now over a very serious situation with my daughter...and I WANT to celebrate!! I even told my husband last night that I really want to celebrate but I can't because the potential for tragedy right now is just way too high. I'm BEGGING God in tears all day long today PLEASE do not use THIS as a situation to teach her...please PLEASE find another way. ANY other way but this.
    But just a few minutes ago a friend who has NO idea what is going on quoted to me 2 Cor 12:9-10...My grace is sufficient for you. That is definitely something to celebrate...His grace...and I'm praying for BUCKETS of it right now!

    ReplyDelete

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.