Friday, June 15, 2012

Faith. Update.

The Johnson House.


Whew! I am one tired momma these days! Kennedi and Brooklyn will be one and a half years old this month and to say that they are everywhere, in everything, all the time, is a different way of saying this place has been turned upside down. They are the most adventurous, relentless little girls I have ever seen. They currently enjoy jumping off the couch, climbing anything that they are not supposed to and are convinced that mommy is a jungle gym. They sing, dance and beat box. They learn so many words everyday; my current favorites are, "I love you, pizza, please, coffee & Cinderella." We just started to have mommy/ daughter devotion time, a time where we learn about a story in the Bible.  They may not understand all that I am saying, but I know that these little girls are spounges and everything they see and hear are molding them into who they are and who they will become. What an incredible opportunity and responsibility. I do not pretend to know all the answers or think I am a perfect mommy, but everyday I do my very best and give God full control of their lives. My desire is that they will live this life the way they were meant to live it. My hope is that they will love the Lord all the days of their life. 


Faith.


The bible says that, "Faith is the confidence that what we HOPE for will actually happen." -Hebrews 11:1


I am confident that every hope and desire I have for these two little world changers will actually happen. I am confident not in myself but in Him who created them and who has given them a purpose and destiny. I am also confident that what God has placed in BJ and my hearts will actually happen. Yes, we have had moments of doubt, but up until this moment, there has never been a promise that God has not fulfilled. God always keeps His promises. Always. 


Update.


Some really exciting things are happening right now and I can not wait to share them with each of you. So many things that BJ and I have prayed, believed and hoped for, are actually happening! Friends, God wants to fulfill the promises in your life. I want to encourage you today to have the confidence that they will actually happen. No matter what it looks like or what it is requiring of you, I promise you, He has not forgotten you. 




I would love to stand with you in prayer about what you are hoping for, so please, don't leave this page without leaving me a prayer request or an update about what it happening in your world. I want to hear from you! 





Every week I highlight a TRUTH about you, your life, or about a situation you may be facing and then I DARE you to believe it. 


Here are this week's TRUTH or DARE. 


TRUTH: "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we can not see." Hebrews 11:1




DARE: HOPE for something today and have the confidence that it will actually happen! 




2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm praying to God frequently that Chuck will stop smoking...w/out me having to nag him to do it. He stopped for 6 solid months last year when he broke his leg...because he could not walk to go out of the house to do it. As soon as he went back to work, he started again. It breaks my heart. After watching his father die of lung cancer in his early 40's...and my step dad the same a year and a half ago...I just can't even stand the thought of my kids losing their father this way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs they really give you something to think about , you may not know me but i am beth's cousin on my dads side , if not for her i would not be where i am now , i been going to church since jan. 2012 and i have a lot to learn but i know God is always with me , and yes prayers do get answered i have found that out it might not be right then but it will happen.
    it is nice to read your blogs keep up the good work you do.
    betty reynolds

    ReplyDelete

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.