Friday, April 12, 2013

Turn The Tide.

This past week, my parents came to visit us here in our new home state of Florida. It was an amazing week filled with lots of hugs, kisses, laughter and pictures! We made great memories, and like every time, it was hard to say, "see you soon." As we drove up to the airport Kennedi began crying and even said that she didn't want Granny to go on the airplane. Talk about ripping your heart out! It was so crazy to see how at only 2 years old she knew the concept of Granny going back home. While they were here we decided to take them to see Key West. We had never been and thought it would be a great little getaway.

Paradise.

The Keys are beautiful! The drive was breathtaking- the ocean was turquoise and the sand was like a pearl-white. Ahh.. I can almost picture myself there again. I love road trips especially ones like that-they give me a chance to think, reflect, dream and relax. We have been going non stop lately so it was perfect timing to just getaway. As I was starring at the ocean's tide, I began reflecting on the last few weeks. Without going into too many details, there have been areas in my life that have been a challenge. I have found myself complaining about these situations more than I should and almost having a "woe is me" attitude. As I watched the tide go in and out I had a blog moment.

Turn The Tide.

BJ is a phenomenal communicator- in one of my favorite messages he shares, he gives an example of how we are not meant to be thermometers, but instead we should be thermostats. Thermometers GAGE the temperature around them, thermostats SET the temperature. Rather than sulk in the circumstances I have been given, God was calling me to SET the pace and turn the tide. Some of us don't enjoy our office environment and would rather transfer to a different job, but maybe God is wanting you to change the office environment for the better. Some of us don't like the neighborhood we live in and want to move to cleaner, kid-friendly place, but maybe God wants us to change our neighborhood and make it a place everyone wants to live. Maybe we don't like the school our kids attend and are looking for ways to get them in a better one, but maybe God wants us to volunteer at their school and contribute to making that school a better school for all students.

I don't know what area in your life isn't what you want it to look like, but I challenge you to see this as an opportunity to do something about it. Let us not be people who gage our environment, but let us be people who set the pace, people who turn the tide.


Every week I highlight a TRUTH about you, your life, or about a situation you may be facing and then I DARE you to believe it.




Here is this week's TRUTH or DARE.




TRUTH: "You must be the change you want to see in the world." Gandhi


DARE:  Turn the tide.

Brooklyn.
My Drive. Where I decided to 'Turn The Tide.'

1 comment:

  1. Only two posts in, but am loving the blog! I'm going to add it to my blog roll that's on the side bar of mine... it's such a great read and you are a gifted writer! So glad you share here!

    ReplyDelete

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.