Friday, May 17, 2013

Fun Facts.

This past week has been so much fun! We kicked off the week celebrating Mother's Day- BJ and the girls spoiled me rotten with lots of hugs, kisses & wished me 'Happy Mother's Day' over and over. At the end of the day, my heart was full. This week was also my company's picnic, so we spent the day at the park playing activities and enjoying the beautiful day (all while being paid for it, so I say it was a pretty good day). The focus of that day was promoting health and fitness, so the food was a bit underwhelming, considering. 

Laughing Is Good For You.


Before heading out to the park for our outdoor activities, they offered different sessions and workshops taught by professionals in the field of health and fitness. My friend and I thought "Laughing Your Way To Better Health" sounded fun. After all, we've all heard that laughing burns calories, right? 


We Laughed, A Lot.


The session was awesome! The lady who lead the class was so great and so informative. We laughed and laughed and laughed all while learning the reason why you and I should do it more often! I thought it would be fun to share the interesting things I learned about laughter. Here goes.


Did you know....


- Children laugh an average of 300x per day.


- Adults laugh an average of 15x per day.


- When you laugh, it is the ONLY time your logical part of the brain takes a REST.


- When you laugh, it is the ONLY time your brain is truly in the present. (it is not thinking about tomorrow, about anything else going on, except for that moment)


- It is important to laugh for no reason! 


- Children laugh all day long, celebrating all kinds of moments. 


-When people celebrate, they often throw their hands up while doing it-the raising of the hands signals to our brain "wellness" and "victory." 


- (Most) Adults have have good reason to laugh or celebrate. 


Let's Learn From Children.

I know that life can be stressful and that there are things in our world that require us to be serious and focused, but let us learn to laugh more! This life we have been given is supposed to be an extravagant life- with many celebrations along the way. Join me this weekend and laugh for no reason, and to celebrate the little things in life. Let us be more like little children and laugh our way to better days & better, healthier lives.


Every week I highlight a TRUTH about you, your life, or about a situation you may be facing and then I DARE you to believe it.



Here is this week's TRUTH or DARE.


TRUTH:  "A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22


DARE: Laugh for the next 10 seconds for no reason! (Do this periodically through the weekend) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.