Friday, October 25, 2013

Terrible Twos.

Our girls will be 3 this December. I still can not believe they're that big already. Time sure is flying! Although it makes this mama a bit sad knowing they are not little babies we swaddle each night, it brings me so much joy seeing them develop, learn and grown each and everyday. Whenever people see this baby bump of mine-which is very large by the way, and I mention that I have two year old twins, they look at me with a such sympathy. I usually laugh. We have all heard of terrible twos- we like to refer to them as terrific twos, even though not every day is, terrific!

Terrible Twos.

Parenting two girls who are two going on thirteen can have its fair share of challenges. My girls know what they want, how they want it, when they want it and they are not afraid to let us know when something isn't going their way. They are very passionate, out spoken, determined little girls. I still wonder who they get that from? (wink, wink)

Terrific Twos.

I like to think that terrible twos are a result of little humans, we call toddlers, trying to grow into their big personalities. What's happening inside of them is way bigger than their little bodies can handle. They want to do things on their own-like take a bath, brush their teeth and even drive our car (true story). But their little bodies and lack of experience prevent them from being independent. Whether they think so or not, they still need mommy and daddy!

Frustrated.

I think I am going through my own version of terrible twos, or ' terrific twos', as I like to call it. There are so many dreams, and desires inside of me, that are way bigger than my little mind can handle. I so desperately want to not only see those things happen, but make those things happen, that I can become quite frustrated when I realize that I am not as independent as I'd like to be.

The dreams that I have for my life are way bigger than me, dreams that can only come from the assistance and help from God. I have learned over the years that in His hands things just work better. But, it doesn't make times when He closes a door, waits to act or even doesn't respond in the way I would like him to any easier.

Grown Up Tantrum.

This week in particular, I threw a tantrum! It seemed like so many things I thought were in my reach were not as close as I would like. Things that I was hoping would happen, weren't looking like they were going to happen- and I was frustrated. In the middle of my tantrum, I had a BLOG moment.

I was frustrated because rather than believing IN the right person, I was focused on believing FOR the right thing. Instead of putting my confidence IN God, I was putting my confidence IN my situation.

My girls do this all the time! Instead of trusting IN mommy to do the right thing for them, they are hoping/wanting FOR a specific thing. They are too young to understand that I will always do what is best for them, even if it means not allowing something to happen.

Don't Lose Your Confidence.

My confidence was depleted and I felt so overwhelmed until I realized that as long as my hope and confidence is IN Jesus, I always win. When I put my trust and hope in WHAT I am believing Him for, I will sometimes come up disappointed.

Bringing It Home.

Maybe you are like me, and you have been believing FOR something very specific, whether in your family, your finances, your kids or your home. Turn your attention to the ONE who will always do things for your best. When we realize that our hope is in the hands of the one who created the heavens and the earth, we can rest easy, knowing that all things work out for our good!

Every week I highlight a TRUTH about you, your life, or about a situation you may be facing and then I DARE you to believe it.



Here is this week's TRUTH or DARE.



TRUTH: 
“I don’t think the way you think.
The way you work isn’t the way I work.”
God’s Decree.
“For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don’t go back until they’ve watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They’ll do the work I sent them to do,
they’ll complete the assignment I gave them."
- Isaiah 55:8-9


DARE: 
Put your hope IN Jesus, not your situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.