Thursday, July 22, 2010

I gotta TAIL you something FUNNY!!!!

To say last week was CRAZY would totally be an understatement! You know the saying, "when it rains it pours?" Ha, well that is how it has been here! Crazy! Crazy! Crazy! Last week was filled with so many emotions. Feelings of hurt, disappointment, doubt, betrayal, relief, excitement, peace.... So, as you can see, crazy just doesn't really depict the week I had. That's what I love about Sundays! For me, Sundays means church time and that means I can be refreshed, renewed, and encouraged about my present situation and my future. This past week was a BIG week for New Journey Church (the church BJ and I currently serve) It was our LAUNCH service at the new location.. so to say Sunday was crazy would again be an understatement. (But it was crazy in a good way! The atmosphere was filled with so much excitement and expectation from the staff and volunteers) New faces, old faces, happy faces, tanned faces, young and old began to fill the theater and I just knew it was going to be an amazing service... and it was!!!!

Service was coming to an end and I needed to use the restroom. These days my trips to the bathroom are a lot more frequent so I decided to get it out of the way before everyone was dismissed. As I walked back into the theater, I hesitated to walk back down to my seat (which was on the front row) because I didn't want to be a distraction. As they were closing in prayer I figured it was a perfect time to make my way back to the front so I could grab my things. As I got down to the front, a young lady made a B-line towards me, wrapped her arm around my shoulder, and whispered in my ear, "you have something hanging from your butt." I looked over my shoulder to find a loooooonnnnggg piece of toilet paper hanging from my jeans. I tried pulling the paper from under my shirt, only to find out that the piece that was hanging out was only half of the piece that was in my pants! I quickly shoved the toilet paper underneath my shirt and did a quick glance to see who just saw this happen. Well, remember all those new faces I was talking about, those old faces, tanned faces, happy faces? Well they were all now surprised faces!! I began laughing hysterically and I could feel my face turning as red as a tomato. Just then my father in law introduced BJ and I to the congregation letting them know that we are his kids and that we are the newest members to the staff there at New Journey... So now all of those people knew exactly who I was. 

I rushed out to the bathroom to take care of my situation and as I walked out to the foyer I was greeted by the people who just seen that happen. Each person came out to tell me one of their most embarrassing moments that they had experienced, trying to make me feel like "I wasn't the only one" It was just too funny. I was still laughing uncontrollably! 

As we were driving home, a refreshing thought came to my mind... "sometimes in life you are going to have toilet paper hang from your but & that's OK!" I was going into that service expecting one thing and I walked away with something else. Life isn't meant to be lived out so seriously and sometimes you just have to learn to laugh hysterically when things don't happen your way, or listen to the silly stories of others to understand that you are not alone! 

People say that when life gives them lemons they have learned to make lemonade... well for me, life gave me toilet paper and I'm OK with that! 




FOR CLARIFICATION: Anytime I use a public restroom I "waste" a lot of toilet paper by throwing the piece that is hanging away... I usually throw away a huge piece (it's one of those things I do)  SO, the piece that was hanging from my butt was not USED toilet paper LOL


***Also, I am so very thankful that that young lady told me rather than letting me walk around like a crazy woman! If someone has something in their nose, on their butt, or even smelly breath... tell them!!!! :))

What's your most embarrassing story? If you would like to share your story with me and others, just leave it in the comment below.. I can't wait to read and laugh with you!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny!!! It's healthy to laugh at oneself.

    ReplyDelete

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.