Monday, July 12, 2010

It doesn't always make sense, but it always works out for our good -P2

So, why does God allow us to go through hard times? Why does he allow pain, hurt, dissapointment to be a part of our lives? Why does he allo bad things to happen to good people?

I know that I am not the only person who has asked these questions. There have been many times in my life where things just didn't make sense to me... I didn't understand why things where happening either to me or to the people I love and care about. This time, it was no different to me... Why did God allow me and BJ to lose our first baby? Why didn't he step in and heal me? Wouldn't that make more sense? It was a few days after the surgery, and I was laying down in my bed and was led to  

ROMANS 8:28- "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose." (NIV) 


In all things.... GOD WORKS.... in all things.... GOD WORKS.... that means in the good times... HE WORKS, in the bad times.... HE WORKS... in all things... GOD WORKS.


The Bible is filled with dedicated, God fearing, on fire, children of God who accomplished great things for the kingdom of God, but every story is coupled with times of uncertainty, times of trial, and times of pain. In this life we are going to face things that do not seem fair and when we give our lives over to God, it does not exempt us from such pain or tragedy. When we surrender our lives to God, we are simply giving Him the power and the ability to WORK on our behalf. In JOHN 16:33 we are warned of trouble, but also promised to be over comers- " In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world." God is always looking to work on our behalf because he LOVES us! 


No, it doesn't always make sense, but it does always work out for our good. Trials draw us nearer to God. They, teach us, mold us, shape us, and prepare us for the life God has for us. I don't remember a time in my life where I have learned something or advanced in my life when things where going well. But it has been in the times of pain and disappointment when I grew stronger and wiser. The enemy puts tragedy into our lives in hopes to steal, kill, and destroy us, but when we stand on God's word and His promises that "He will never leave us nor forsake us," we guarantee victory! Not matter the outcome, no matter the results, GOD WORKS! He is sovereign and is able to do the impossible. Every time we walk through tough situations, we are stronger and more able to face what lies in front of us. 


If only the enemy knew that you were going to be stronger, wiser, greater, and more equipped after you have been tried, I don't think he would continue to challenge, and attack the children of God. God allows things to happen to us because He has faith in us, we have been made in the image of God and "no weapon formed against us will prosper." God wants to do the miraculous in each of us, but miracles are birthed out of tragedy and uncertain situations. I knew that God was going to get the final say in my situation, I knew that he was going to do the miraculous.... I just didn't know it was going to be a few months later with TWINS! 


Whatever it is that you are going through or have gone through or about to go through know that in ALL things..... GOD WORKS! 

JAMES 1 says this: "Faith Under Pressure: Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."

God's desire is for us to be victorious! He is for you! He is for me! 


HERE IS A SONG THAT MINISTERED TO ME DURING THIS TIME OF MY LIFE
  "You Are For Me." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tCXObtC_fk 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.