Monday, October 24, 2011

My Babies Can Read

Every morning, my girls watch a segment from the instructional DVD set, "My Baby Can Read." So far, it seems to be working. Well, at least for me anyways. Did you know there are two kinds of elephants? African elephants and Asian elephants? Or did you know how to correctly spell "hippopotamus" before I typed it for you? Come on, tell the truth. Hippopotamus is a really hard word to spell. I still don't really understand why it is one of the first words they teach babies on this DVD. But what do I know anyways?

There is a lot that I don't know.

There is one thing that I do know and that is that I don't know much at all. That used to be really hard to admit. I have always been the person that "knew it all." Or at least I pretended to be. This Blog has really challenged me to be honest with God, myself and all of you about this very thing. How freeing it has been. You understand what it means when I say, "this inspired a BLOG post, right?" What that really means is either, "I have realized a weakness inside myself, I have had a bad moment or that I have been faced with a difficult situation. I have learned something new. So what does that say about me posting 2-3 times per week these days? (Haha)

A Peek at this Week's Posts.

So this week's posts will be all about what I am currently learning.
Learning to Fall.
Learning to Laugh.
Learning to Bake Pumpkin Bread.



TRUTH: 
"Babies love to learn new things
because of the joy that learning brings
Learning is so much fun
I hope I'm learning when I'm a hundred and one."-My Baby Can Read DVD


DARE: Don't stop learning, even when you're a hundred and one.

2 comments:

  1. I try to learn something new everyday. The world around us is changing constantly and in order to "keep up" we have to be willing to learn, change, and grow. If we go with the flow and keep an open mind and open heart, when the change does come it's not so shocking that we can't deal with it! There is only ONE that knows it ALL! I trust in him to keep teaching me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True!!! I have been shocked a few times too many:)

    ReplyDelete

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.