Friday, November 11, 2011

My 5 Year Anniversary

11.11.11

Today is a special day! It is BJ and my 5 year anniversary. I seriously can not believe we have been married for 5 years. This morning we were greeted by two smiling babies and a very excited dog all ready to take on another day. I would have never imagined in a million years that this is where my life would be. If you would have told me 10 years ago that on 11.11.11 I would be celebrating my 5 year anniversary, that I would be a mommy to twin identical girls, and that I would be living in Los Angeles, California serving at the Los Angeles Dream Center, I would have called you crazy. I am so very thankful for a God who loves me and who has never given up on me. When I look back at my life's decisions I realize that there isn't anything I have done to deserve such an amazing life. But, it is by the grace of God. Without His unconditional love for me I would not be where I am today. All that I ever thought I would lose when truly surrendering my life to Christ has proven meaningless. What I have is worth more than anything this world has to offer. 

 P.S. I Love You.

BJ, I love you with all of my heart. Thank you for encouraging me, believing in me and making the happiest girl on the planet. I admire the way you look at life and believe in people. I know that no matter what comes our way we will get through it. And not only will we get through it, we will be stronger, wiser and closer. Thank you for bringing out the risk taker in me and allowing me to see the beauty in adventure! I wouldn't change a thing about our life. Not a single thing. You make any day a better day. I am so grateful for our past, in love with our today and look forward with great expectation for our future. I am so thankful God saw it fit to bring us together to change the world. I believe in you, I believe in us and I believe in the vision He has placed in your heart. Thank you for giving me two of the most beautiful girls in the world. You seriously are the BEST DADDY EVER! My favorite time of the day is when you walk through the front door and you tell Kennedi that she is the love of your life and that she is the most beautiful girl on the planet and how happy you are to see her. And then you tell Brooklyn that she is the love of your life and that she is the most beautiful girl on the planet and how happy you are to see her. And then you come over to me and tell me that I am the love of your life and that I am the most beautiful girl on the planet and how happy you are to see me. You light up my world and make everyday the BEST day. I love you with all of me. xoxo

-Jo


TRUTH: "I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been." -Jason Mraz 


DARE: Love God. Love people.
 
Our First Date.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Keep lifting Him with the way you guys live your lives there in sunny SoCal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of all of his gifts, the greatest of these is LOVE! Those around you find it hard to believe that it has been 5 years as well. Time travels so quickly as each year zooms by. While we have but one life, we have several chances to make choices. We choose the one we will marry, the place we will live and the one we will worship. Your choice to serve the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit led you to BJ, which led to LOVe, which led to two BeaUTIFUL girls, which led you to the left coast, I could go on and on! My point... when you trust in HIM, HE will give you the desires of your heart!! You two are a great example of a Christ centered marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! Thats so adorable and cant wait for my future man to come along :)) haha

    hilaryelise.com

    ReplyDelete

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.