Monday, March 4, 2013

It's Monday.

We had such a great weekend! This past weekend, I had Sunday off, which was nice. We were able to check out a local church, we went out for lunch afterwards with friends and then spent the rest of the day resting- we even went for a nice walk to get frozen yogurt. The weather has been absolutely divine, staying in the low 60's all week/weekend. As I was getting ready for bed I leaned over to BJ and whispered, I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I know that I am not the only one who on a Sunday night wishes they didn't have to begin a new work week.

Ouch.

I laid in bed for a while and I ran through the many reasons why going to work the next day didn't sound so exciting. Work has been a bit stressful these past few weeks. It is a Sales position with a lot of demand. As I was about half way through my list, I felt as God reveal to me my attitude of being ungrateful. Ouch. Not in an audible voice, but a whisper in my ear I heard Him explain to me that 

An ungrateful heart says, "I have to." A grateful heart says, "I get to." 

While I was running through my silly list, I was being ungrateful. To be transparent, I was upset that I "had" to go to work the next day. Prior to making the big move across the country, we were promised some things. There was a particular organization that was going to help us financially, affording BJ and I the opportunity to work full time for our church. A few weeks before moving, the organization let us know that unfortunately, they were no longer able to fulfill their commitments.

I Get To.

We knew that no matter what it looked like, we were not going to back out, but instead press forward- knowing that God would take care of our every need. God has taken care of our every need since being here- one of the many ways He has done so is through this job. It not only provides for us, but it has proven to be one of the best ways to meet people! I have met some amazing people since working here. Sure, I would love nothing more than to work side by side my husband BJ day in and day out working on things for our church, but right now this is where God has placed me. Sure I would love to spend more than just a few hours with my girls each day and be able to spend my days with them like I did for 2 years, but right now this is where God has placed me.

Make a List.

Laying in my bed, I immediately started listing off the many reasons why this job is perfect for me in this season-to my surprise, my list was pretty long. It was the perfect way to say good night!

Grateful.

My heart's desire is be present in every moment, to be fully awake looking for opportunities each day! I don't want to have moments of gratitude, but I want to live a life of gratefulness. I have a lot to be grateful for, and so do you. So, if you are having the case of the Mondays, I encourage you to begin listing off all the things you are grateful for, I promise you, it will change your day.


Every week I highlight a TRUTH about you, your life, or about a situation you may be facing and then I DARE you to believe it.




Here is this week's TRUTH or DARE.





TRUTH:
 "In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
                                                                           1 Thessalonians 5:18



DARE:  Make a list of 10 things that you are grateful for! Share one or two with us here but commenting in the comment box below.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful to have the ability to stay home with and for the kids. I am grateful to have a church to go to that is exciting and fresh and where so many people are involved and active!

    ReplyDelete

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.