Monday, March 18, 2013

The Bible.

We have been watching the six-week series, The Bible on the History Channel, every Sunday night. Last night we packed out our house with a bunch of new friends, made ice cream cones, popped popcorn & brewed lots of coffee. It was a celebration!! #JesusIsComing was a trending topic surrounding last night's show and like us, millions of viewers tuned in to see the birth and life of Jesus.

Captivated.

We were captivated as we watched the story of a baby, born of a virgin, named Jesus, the savior of the world. We have read this story time and time again, but seeing it was powerful! My favorite part was when Jesus swam out to Peter and jumped in his boat, compelling Peter to follow Him. When Peter asked Jesus what they would do together, Jesus replied, "We're going to change the world."

Bold Declaration.

Changing the world seems like a bold declaration if you ask me. It is crazy to think that just as Jesus called Peter to change the world with Him, I believe that He has asked you and I the same thing.

Unattainable Task.

Changing the world can feel like unattainable task. We can get so overwhelmed and not know where exactly to begin- I have felt like that before. When I learned about the thousands of kids that go to sleep at night with no food to eat in South Florida alone, I felt almost paralyzed.

I am only one,
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
 
Changing the world begins when you and I change OUR world. YOUR world is your home, your workplace, your family, your community, etc. Changing our world is when we decide that although we can not do everything, we can do something.
 
What's Your Complaint?
 
My husband BJ tells me often when I have a "complaint" about something, whether it is children going to bed hungry or women being enslaved into sex trafficking that just maybe, I have been called to help bring resolution to that problem. It can even be as simple as not enjoying your work environment. Maybe you are supposed to be the light in the darkness, the JOY to that company.
 
Right People. Right Place. Right Plan.
 
I believe that you and I have been positioned where we are on the map, doing what we are doing, surrounded by a specific group of people for a purpose, and that purpose is to bring resolution to the problems, healing to the brokenness and hope to the hopelessness.
 
Loaves & Fishes.
 
As you and I take advantage of the little moments or the small window of opportunity to do something, I believe that God will give us resources and the creativity we need to change the world. You may not be able to house every orphan or wipe every tear, but you can do something!
 
Join Me.
 
Will you join me in changing the world. It is simple, let us begin changing OUR world and little by little, day by day, moment by moment.
 
 
Every week I highlight a TRUTH about you, your life, or about a situation you may be facing and then I DARE you to believe it.





Here is this week's TRUTH or DARE.



 
TRUTH:
 
"Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier."  
                                                                                                         -Mother Teresa.



DARE: Change something about YOUR world today!
  

6 comments:

  1. Sarah - I totally agree. Although I am limited in some ways, I try my best to be a blessing to someone every day. Even in the grocery store I try to find someone that needs help and help them. I try to smile at everyone while I am there. I try not to judge others that may look different than I do and love them and show kindness instead. I beleive God puts everyone in our path for a reason. I want to make sure I am serving His purpose in my life. This was a GREAT blog. Continue to bless others through this ministry. It encouraged me today! Love you. Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!!! I think what we think is often insignificant, is really significant to God! I love you!!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Sarah, i love your blogs , I shared this today on facebook but i will share on your blog.....
    Sunday i was doing my laundry when a lady came in that had never been there so I was showing her how to do things when she realized she forgot her downey , I told her I had a bottle on the back of my truck which was parked right in front she was welcomed to use it she only need 2 capfulls, Well she gave me $4.00 i tried to get her to keep it but she insisted i keep it, while she was gone to my truck I put $2.00 in each of her machines. So after she got them going she sat down and we got to talking and she told me "CAN'T BELIEVE THESE ONLY COST $2.00 " i NEVER SAID ANYTHING . :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! That is GREAT!!! That is what it is all about!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I have wanted to watch The Bible series SO badly, but husband and I do not have cable :( Even downloaded the History Channel app on my iPad just to find out they don't have the episodes posted. Ahh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer!!! I think they said it is coming out on DVD, so you will for sure have to buy it when it does. A dollar worth spent for sure!! We have viewing parties here at my house, I am sure some people around where you are do too, crash their party :)

      Delete

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.