Friday, March 8, 2013

New Do.

Most of you who know me know me with really long hair! Over the past 6 months I would say my hair has grown incredibly long-almost Amazonian woman, hippie looking long. Most of my days it is wrapped up in a bun on the top of my head. To justify my hair do, I convince myself and others that the bun is the new do and if Jennifer Lopez, the Kardashians & every fashion blogger on Pinterest can rock it, so can I. Well it was just getting out of hand!

13 Inches.

New season, new do! This has been my motto since I was a high school student breaking up with a boyfriend. When I experience a change, my hair follows suite! Yesterday, I went to a salon and chopped off 13 inches of hair! The stylist cut it in a ponytail & I instagrammed it for all to see! It was a bit creepy holding hair that was once connected to my head.

Donate It.

I would have loved to donate my hair, but because it had been bleached I couldn't. Bummer. I wanted to know why bleached hair s not good to donate, so I googled it. When hair is donated, it goes through a cleaning process-hair that has been altered, bleached or dyed can not withstand the treatment. Original hair however, is strong enough to go through the process, making it perfect hair to donate.

Blog Moment.

While sitting in that salon, holding my 13 inches of hair, I had a BLOG moment. When you and I remain original & authentic to who we are, we are able to be a blessing to others. When we try and alter who we are, we are of no value to others.

So let us be true copies of ourselves, so that we can add value and be a blessing to those around us!




Every week I highlight a TRUTH about you, your life, or about a situation you may be facing and then I DARE you to believe it.



Here is this week's TRUTH or DARE.

TRUTH: You got your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian (The Little Mermaid)



DARE: Be an original & fully embrace yourself today! People will thank you for it.  


2 comments:

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.