Monday, March 11, 2013

#STAND

This past weekend, we took our launch team with us to one of our favorite churches in South Florida. They had a special guest speaker that was to be revealed the day of the service. People were expectant and so were we. I always look forward to going to church- in this season we are checking out all kinds of churches. We love learning from other churches and seeing what they are all about.

The journey to #STAND.

I left yesterday's worship experience in awe of my God! The special guest speaker is a well-known pastor, who leads a mega church in Arizona. He shared his story of how in 2011, he was diagnosed with an "incurable" disease. I do not remember the medical term for his disease, but it wasn't a good prognosis or diagnosis. He was given a life expectancy of 9 years maximum and was told that there is no treatment or cure to this disease.

There was not a dry eye in the auditorium.

He explained how just  the act getting out of bed, walking across the stage, standing up and sitting down had become extremely difficult. He spoke about how this disease has effected his children, his wife, his church members and those closest to him. And then he said something that I will never forget...

"There is value in your struggle."

He stood on that stage, weak in his body, yet far stronger than every able- bodied person in that room. He reminded us, that life is not fair and that there are things we can not control, but if choose to see the value in our struggle, that God can use it for His glory and purpose. He spoke boldly about the love of God for Him! With every ounce of his being he knows that God is able to heal his body, but if He chooses not to, he knows that God has a purpose for his life far greater than anything we can ever see on this side of eternity.

His strength was made perfect in his weakness.

He spoke about the pain that he feels everyday and how people feel sorry for him for the pain that he experiences day in and day out. His response? Pain means I am still alive and that I have another day to live, when there is no more pain, there is no more life.

We serve a God who is able to heal our sick bodies, mend our broken hearts, and bring solution to every problem we face. And although we can not control what happens to us or determine how long we will endure struggles in life, it us up to us on how we choose to respond. God is near to the broken hearted and does not every bring struggles in our lives. He does allow them to make us stronger and more ready for what He has for us.

He is preparing us for what He has prepared for us.

Most of us are walking through difficult things and I wanted to encourage you today, to not lose hope! There is value in your struggle. What you are going through or have gone through is valuable! Let us see our life through the eyes of the one who has created us and who loves us.

Instead of asking God, "Why?" Let us be bold like this guest speaker and ask, "What are you showing me, what would you like me to do with this?" It is then that we will truly understand the heart of God.


Every week I highlight a TRUTH about you, your life, or about a situation you may be facing and then I DARE you to believe it.





Here is this week's TRUTH or DARE.






TRUTH:
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9






DARE: Realize today, that there is value in your struggle. Do not lose hope!
 

2 comments:

Will you take me up on the DARE? How so? Would love to hear back from you.